Welcome Message from the Head
On behalf of the whole team, I’m delighted to welcome you to the Early Years Family at GEMS British School Al Rehab. Leading Early Years is a responsibility that is close to my heart and one I take great pride in. I see it as an opportunity to create something special that can last a lifetime and really change the world for our children.
- We dare to dream of the possibilities
- No idea is too small or too large if it makes things better for our learners and our people
- Just as we set educational standards for our schools, we ensure that everything we do is delivered to a high standard
- We go the extra mile for our students and our colleagues
- Along with our students, we never stop learning
- Each and every one of us has the capacity for leadership
- We respect and celebrate our diversity and recognize that there are many things that unite us all
- We make a difference in our local communities so that we can build a sustainable planet to share
- We build bridges of knowledge, push boundaries and unite young people.
- We aim to produce not just great students, but great people who live with honesty, confidence and integrity
Our mission within the Early Years department at The British School is to provide a caring learning environment that enables children to succeed as unique individuals and celebrate their achievements. Foundation Stage is where children are inspired and encouraged to develop an interest in learning for life within a happy, creative and secure space.
We aim to:
- Create a stimulating learning environment geared towards ensuring each child achieves their full potential
- Ensure every child receives a broad and balanced education of the highest standard while being helped to discover their individual strengths
- Maintain a safe, caring, happy community where every child matters and each child feels safe, nurtured, loved and supported
- Encourage respect for each other and for the environment
- Create self-motivating, self-disciplined, confident, independent thinkers
- Nurture the spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of each individual for life
- Build strong partnerships with families to create an open and welcoming school
- Develop and promote lively and inquisitive minds driven by the desire and skills needed to explore new ideas
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder, and develop natural curiosity so children enjoy learning both in and outside the school
- Encourage our children to believe in themselves while equipping them with the fundamental skills to enjoy and achieve in life
Foundation Stage (FS) Curriculum Framework
At GEMS the British School, Al Rehab, children in EYFS follow the UK Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. Learning to inquire into the world around them and to develop a set of transdisciplinary skills helps children to become independent learners. A wide range of learning opportunities, within and outside of the classroom, add breadth and interest to our programme of study. This brings to life our children's learning and develops their academic learning as well as their personal and social growth. Underpinning their academic learning is our commitment to ensuring every child achieves their best by developing a set of attributes we believe are necessary to become well-rounded members of an international community of learners. The curriculum focusses on the GEMS Core values and Jewels of Kindness.